For anyone really wanting to get into Indy's week 16 matchup against Kansas City, colts.com provides the complete game release, including a few very relevant (and some irrelevant) points. For instance:
– the Colts clinch a playoff berth with a win, along with recording their 12th season of ten or more wins in 14 years and – incredibly – finishing with a road record of 4-4
– Vick Ballard needs 33 rushing yards to hit 700 for the season; meanwhile, Andrew Luck …
• Needs 74 passing yards to surpass Cam Newton (4,051) for the most by a rookie in NFL history.
• Needs 12 passing attempts to pass Peyton Manning (575) for the most in a season by a rookie in Colts history.
• Needs 19 completions to pass Peyton Manning (326) for the most by a rookie in a season in franchise history.
• Needs two passing touchdowns to pass Cam Newton (21) for the third-most by a rookie in NFL history.
– The Colts have scored 31 points on their opening possession of games this season, which ranks fifth in the AFC. The Colts have also scored 37 points on the first drive of second halves, which ranks tied for second in the AFC with Pittsburgh and Baltimore.
– Tight ends Dwayne Allen and Coby Fleener each rank in the top five for the most receptions and receiving yards by a rookie tight end in Colts history. Allen needs three receptions to surpass Ken Dilger for the record, while Fleener needs six receptions to pass Dallas Clark for fourth-most in Colts history.
So, hit fast, hit hard, and maybe break a couple records! You can also go to a quick hit by colts.com on the release, where they provide context and a link to the release as well. Please, no "linkception" comments.