The following players have had a determination made concerning their availability in today’s matchup of the Indianapolis Colts vs. the Cincinnati Bengals.
Joseph Addai - INACTIVE: Continues to rehab from the same injury that put Devin Moore in Injured Reserve
Austin Collie – INACTIVE: While he has improved through the week, the team is not wanting to rush him with a severe concussion.
Mike Hart – INACTIVE: Still no real time-line for Hart’s return, and no changes are forthcoming today.
Brody Eldridge – ACTIVE: Eldridge will return to the field as the starting TE, and may see even more work with no available slot receivers.
Gary Brackett – INACTIVE: Brackett spent the week sitting out of practice and will not play, meaning Pat Angerer will do a position swap yet again.
Clint Session – INACTIVE: Session continues to heal after breaking his arm and dislocating his elbow in Week 8. Tyjuan Hagler is expected to start.
Blair White – INACTIVE: White injured himself during the week, and the Colts have brought up 2 WRs from the practice squad to add depth.
Jerraud Powers – ACTIVE: Powers returns to the lineup, helping to solidify the secondary just in time against a revitalized Terrell Owens.
Jacob Tamme – ACTIVE: Tamme will be active, and may end up seeing significant time in the slot with neither WRs James or Brooks looking particularly hopeful in the position in previous experiences.
Bob Sanders – INACTIVE: Sanders continues to rehab from a ruptured Bicep.
Justin Tryon – INACTIVE: Tryon is also recovering from an injury sustained in the week 8 matchup against Houston.
Things to look for
- With both Brackett and Session out, Phillip Wheeler should return to his starting position at strong-side linebacker, with Angerer taking over his natural position of middle linebacker. Tyjuan Hagler is listed as the backup weak-side linebacker. (Confirmed by Phil B. Wilson of IndyStar)
- With more work during the week, and Hart and Addai not returning to the lineup, Javarris James should look to get more work on the offense.
- As neither Brandon James nor Chris Brooks is a slot receiver, and both have significant question marks, Tamme may play in the slot with Eldridge healthy and back on the field.
- Jacob Lacey will return to his role as the nickelback, supporting starters Kelvin Hayden and Jerraud Powers against a pass happy Bengals team.
- One change has been made to the offensive line. Rookie OT Jeff Linkenbach will start in place of experienced RG Mike Pollak based on performance. This will be Linkenbach’s second start, the first at RG. (Confirmed also thorough Phil B. Wilson of the Indianapolis Star).
- As Eldridge is coming off a rib injury, Gijon Robinson will start at TE, but Eldridge will still be active and available for the game.