The Colts made some roster moves today:
- Released WR/KR Brandon James, whose performance over the past 2 games unfortunately reminded us why he didn’t make the roster at the beginning of the season
- Re-signed WR Taj Smith, who had been released on September 9th with an injury settlement after learning that he had a partially torn hamstring which had been expected to keep him out for 5 weeks. NFL rules prevent teams from re-signing players released in this manner for 9 weeks, but that time period has now passed.
- Placed LB Cody Glenn on injured reserve, further thinning the Colts’ special teams unit.
With James’ release and Glenn’s move to IR, the Colts still have one roster spot open. It’s unclear how they will fill it, but I assume they will look for a linebacker to take Glenn’s spot.
We also learned some information on the injury front:
- S Bob Sanders (biceps) has already been declared out for this week’s game against Dallas. He is supposed to visit with Dr. James Andrews this week to determine if he can be cleared to practice, but no news has emerged as to whether that visit has taken place.
- WR Austin Collie (concussion) is improving, but his role in this week’s practice is still uncertain
- RB Joseph Addai (shoulder/neck) is continuing his conditioning, but his timetable is also uncertain. Addai’s issue seems to be with his hand strength and ability to grip the ball.
- RB Mike Hart and CB Justin Tryon look poised to return this week, with Tryon also stepping back into his role as KR
My early guess is that neither Collie nor Addai will return for this game.