After getting a field goal early, the Colts’ offense ground to a halt, and they go into halftime trailing 10-3.
Here are my quick thoughts on the game so far:
- Joe Lefeged and David Caldwell have looked good at the safeties so far, especially in run support. I like both of them to make the roster as safety depth.
- Jerry Hughes finally got some action, getting pressure on Bruce Gradkowski with a great bull rush, then reading the rollout on the next play, resulting in an incompletion.
- The offensive line has looked awful, in run and pass blocking. Castonzo struggled a little bit tonight in pass protection.
- Couldn’t evaluate the running backs much since they were getting hit .3 seconds after receiving the handoff.
- Kevin Thomas has looked decent, although he’s missed a couple of tackles by my count.
- Drake Nevis again is getting a lot of penetration.
- None of the wide receivers have done much to help their case. Hopefully at least one of them steps up in the second half.
- Collins has looked fairly good, but has been hurt by the bad OL and WR play.