The Colts had another practice today in Anderson, this one with a few hiccups.
- Kavell Conner left practice with an injured hand. He did not return. It seems that he may have broken his pinkie on his right hand.
- Dallas Clark also was injured today, tweaking his ankle while blocking in a goal line drill. He wrapped the ankle and returned for the next series.
- The Colts announced that they will have their annual mock game on Saturday.
- The new CBA was ratified, so the resigned vets could practice today including: Joseph Addai, S Al Afalava, S Melvin Bullitt, QB Nate Davis, OG Kyle DeVan, OT Ryan Diem, DT Eric Foster, DT Antonio Johnson, QB Dan Orlovsky, OT Michael Toudouze, and PK Adam Vinatieri. New Colts LB Ernie Sims, DE/DT Jamaal Anderson, and DT Tommie Harris were also able to practice.
- The Colts also got C Jeff Saturday, OG Mike Pollak, CB Kevin Thomas, and DE Dwight Freeney back from injury. Freeney got leg cramps during Thursday's practice and sat out the remainder of it.
- The players who did sit out included: QB Peyton Manning, TE Brody Eldridge, WR Blair White, LB Cody Glenn, DT DeMario Pressley, and CB Chris Rucker. Rucker was wearing a walking boot on his foot, he was likely injured during Thursday's practice.
- Coach Caldwell was glad to get players back to real practice:
“You know it’s good to have them all back actually working and operating," Caldwell said. "For the most part the great majority of them are in pretty good shape. But obviously their first real practice is going to be in pads [Friday afternoon]." " It seems like a good solid group of guys that are really focused," Caldwell said. "We have a good mix of veteran and young guys. But obviously we haven’t played a game yet, so we got a lot of work to do."
- Pat Angerer and Jerraud Powers had the big hit of the day, stoning Dallas Clark on the goal line after catching a short pass.
- Delone Carter impressed again, bursting through a pack of defenders for a touchdown during goal line drills at one point.
- Drake Nevis was noticed again by the fans, as he continued to burst through the line. Of course, this is against an offensive line who is missing starters Jeff Saturday and Mike Pollak. Still, Nevis has been very noticeable during the past few days of camp.
- Several different players were returning punts Friday afternoon, including CB Jerraud Powers, WR Anthony Gonzalez, WR Pierre Garcon, rookie WR Joe Horn and rookie WR David Gilreath.
- Phil B reported that newly signed DT Tommie Harris had a strong burst off the line today during pass rush drills, a good sign that Harris still has some of his talent, despite his past injuries to knees and hamstrings.
- Pat McAfee was kicking field goals again, including a 60 yarder at the beginning of practice.
Matt Grecco from Stampede Blue and Jacob Crocker from Coltzilla were both at today's camp, and tweeted updates all day. Check out their Twitter feeds for more details. Keep reading Coltsider for training camp updates!