Next week, the Colts will have to cut their roster down to 75 players by 4 PM ET on Monday afternoon. This is the first step in the journey to a 53-man roster, and will provide hope for a large group of young, unproven players who are fighting for their careers.
Here is my guess at who will be remaining on the Colts’ roster on Monday night.
QB: Andrew Luck, Drew Stanton, Chandler Harnish (3)
RB: Donald Brown, Vick Ballard, Delone Carter, Mewelde Moore, Darren Evans (5)
WR: Reggie Wayne, Austin Collie, T.Y. Hilton, LaVon Brazill, Donnie Avery, Kris Adams, Jabin Sambrano, Quan Cosby, Griff Whalen, Jeremy Ross (10)
TE: Coby FLeener, Dwayne Allen, Dominique Jones, Kyle Miller (4)
LT: Anthony Castonzo, George Foster, Ty Nsekhe (3)
LG: Joe Reitz, Seth Olsen, Jason Foster (3)
C: Samson Satele, A.Q. Shipley (2)
RG: Mike McGlynn, Mike Tepper, Hayworth Hicks (3)
RT: Winston Justice, Jeff Linkenbach, Steven Baker(3)
LDE: Cory Redding, Ricardo Mathews, James Aiono (3)
NT: Antonio Johnson, Brandon McKinney, Chigbo Anunoby (3)
RDE: Fili Moala, Drake Nevis, Jason Shirley (3)
ROLB: Robert Mathis, Jerry Hughes, Tim Fugger (3)
ILB: Pat Angerer, Kavell Conner, Jerrell Freeman, Moise Fokou, Mario Harvey, Greg Lloyd (6)
LOLB: Dwight Freeeney, Mario Addison, Jerry Brown (3)
RCB: Jerraud Powers, Cassius Vaughn, Chris Rucker, Antonio Fenelus (4)
LCB: Justin King, Korey Lindsey, D.J. Johnson, Brandon King (4)
SS: Tom Zbikowski, Jermale Hines, David Caldwell (3)
FS: Antoine Behea, Joe Lefeged, Mike Newton (3)
K: Adam Vinatieri (1)
P: Pat McAfee (1)
LS: Justin Snow, Matt Overton (2)
- Players on this list I’m least comfortable about: J. Foster, Baker, Fenelus, Fugger, Aiono, Hicks, Anderson, Evans, and Overton. The Colts very well could cut Overton, and I wouldn’t be surprised, but I have a feeling they may be grooming him to take over for Snow, who has to be nearing the end.
- I think the corner back situation is one giant mess. Outside of Powers and King, I really don’t feel comfortable with any of them. All five of the others I chose could be cut, and I wouldn’t be surprised one bit.
- I think the Colts still have a lot to figure out at the receiver position, especially with injuries to Collie and Avery.
- Darren Evans will likely get cut, but I have a feeling they hold on to him for that last preseason game, especially if Carter/Moore are still hurting.
- I have Josh Chapman and Justin Anderson making the team, but being on the PUP/NFI list I don’t believe they count towards the roster, hence they are missing on this list.
- I think the Colts are still weaving through thos backup safeties, and will give those four a chance to prove themselves in the last preseason game.