Break out your poetry shoes, kids! It’s time for an epic contest from Colts Authority and Quaker Oats.
The best Colts themed Haiku will win a football autographed by Andrew Luck courtesy of Quaker Oats.
The Quaker Oats Company is the official hot cereal sponsor of the National Football League, and throughout the relationship, Quaker and the NFL will team up in an effort to help families live healthier lifestyles through nourishing foods and physical activity, complementing the goals of NFL PLAY 60. Indianapolis Colts QB Andrew Luck makes it a priority to eat a hearty breakfast, like Quaker oatmeal, as part of his morning routine to fuel up for the day and recently collaborated with Quaker at the NFL PLAY 60 Youth Football Festival to help motivate young athletes to be active and choose wholesome foods.
So go to Facebook and give Quaker Oats a ‘like’, then come back here and enter a haiku in the comments.
The rules are as follows:
1. All entries must be entered in the comments below.
2. All entries must follow the 5-7-5 format of a good haiku. An example would be:
Bob: Interception! (that’s 5 syllables)
Marlin Jackson slides to turf (that’s 7 syllables)
RCA erupts (5 more syllables)
3. All entries must be submitted by midnight on Friday.
4. I will judge the winner based on humor, emotion, awesomeness and adherence to proper form (FORM MATTERS!!!)
5. First prize will win an football autographed by Andrew Luck.
6. Second prize wins a Keep Calm Kerry On shirt (medium) and a copy of the 2006 Super Bowl program.
7. Third prize wins a a 2006 Super Bowl program.
8. Enter as many times as you wish.