With the most recent cuts and injury related moves, the Colts are currently down to 75 players on the active roster. By Friday at 4 pm ET, they must be down to 53 players.
Here’s my early week guess at the final roster, with an aside: this roster is solely comprised of players on the roster right now. The Colts will likely add as many as 5-7 new faces after the league-wide cuts, but that may not happen until Friday. For now, this roster is solely made up of current Colts.
QB: (3) Andrew Luck, Drew Stanton, Chandler Harnish
RB: (4) Donald Brown, Vick Ballard, Mewelde Moore, Delone Carter
LT: (2) Anthony Caastonzo, Ty Nsekhe
LG: (2) Joe Reitz, Seth Olsen
C: (2) Samson Satele, A.Q. Shipley
RG: (1) Mike McGlynn
RT: (2) Winston Justice, Jeff Linkenbach
TE: (3) Coby FLeener, Dwayne Allen, Dominique Jones
WR: (6) Reggie Wayne, Austin Collie, T.Y. Hilton, LaVon Brazill, Donnie Avery, Kris Adams
DE: (4) Fili Moala, Cory Redding, Drake Nevis, Ricardo Mathews
NT: (2) Antonio Johnson, Chigbo Anunoby
OLB: (6) Robert Mathis, Jerry Hughes, Tim Fugger, Dwight Freeney, Mario Addison, Jerry Brown
ILB: (4) Pat Angerer, Kavell Conner, Jerrell Freeman, Moise Fokou
CB: (5) Jerraud Powers, Vontae Davis, Justin King, Korey Lindsey, Cassius Vaughn
S: (4)Antoine Bethea, Tom Zbikowski, Joe Lefeged, Mike Newton
K: (1) Adam Vinatieri
P: (1) Pat McAfee
LS: (1) Justin Snow
- I have a feeling about Matt Overton at long snapper. I think he could be kept and put on the practice squad, stored for the future when Snow leaves.
- The Colts HAVE to sign a NT off waivers. You can’t go into the season with Johnson your starter, and Anunoby your only backup. That’s pushing your luck way too far.
- I think with the injury to OT George Foster, Ty Nsekhe has a much better chance of making it. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Colts kept another guard, like Mike Tepper or Hayworth Hicks instead.
- A few of these players will likely eventually be replaced by new names, especially offensive linement, cornerbacks, and defensive linemen. This is by no means a final roster, but just a Friday roster.
- I like Kris Adams at WR, but the Colts very well might go with five on the roster, and store a young guy (or two) on the practice squad. Personally, I like Adams and with Collie’s injury, you need some depth at that position.