So I’m back from my little jaunt to South America, and I’m weighed down with a week of random thoughts:
- The Ipod Touch is great, but for some reason, I could comment on blogs but not write new ones. I supposed that saved me the embarrassment of odd misspellings and incoherent posts. Wait…
- The Colts chased and lost out on back up DE Tyler Brayton who went to Carolina for more playing time. This guy was a washout in Oakland, but might have been a solid back up. At any rate, it shows that Polian and company saw what we all saw in the Charger game: no pass rush=loss every time.
- Favre retired. I thought the talk about whether he is the greatest of all time was a little weird. I know he holds several records by virtue of just playing forever, but at no time (even when he was winning MVP awards) did I ever think he was the best QB alive. I was always blinded by Elway, I guess. The last of his records to fall will be the consecutive start record, which #18 should own sometime around 2013 (give or take some playoff games and a possible lockout/strike). I liked Favre as well as anyone, and have always been pro-Packers, but I think this is one star that fades some as time goes by.
- Lost continues to rule on Thursdays. I pity those of you who gave up on it.
- Dan Dakich is not acquitting himself well.
- Eric Gordon goes hot and cold faster than any player I’ve seen in a long time. He’s sort of Chuck Person-esque.
- My fantasy league went to great pains to work out a draft date only to have everything thrown into a tizzy because we forgot about the stupid games being played overseas. Seriously, this has to be the dumbest gimmic of all time. Why do those games have to count in the standings? Would playing exhibition games spread the game any less than playing regular season ones? Sometimes I hate Bud Selig.
- Ok, I hate him all the time.