Want to have some fun today? Check out this gem on Zombie Bob Sanders. I had gone back and forth on Bob, wondering if the Colts could actually resign him to a huge deal when he is such a huge injury risk. The answer is obvious. They can’t afford not to resign him. If he finishes this year healthy, possibly the best option would be to franchise him for a year. Something tells me they are more likely to do that with Clark, and try to sign Sanders. He’s a freaking beast.
This week has me thinking about the passage in “Quiet Strength” where Dungy had to prepare his Bucs to play the 99 Rams. All the pregame talk by the Colts has me thinking they are using the same emotional strategy…be a tornado vs. a hurricane. Somewhere, Belichick is standing on a hill outside Foxborough shouting, “DUNGY! YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD! I READ YOUR BOOOOOOOOOOK!” Oh, for the record, the Bucs had that game won, until they got jobbed by the refs. I’m starting to wonder if this game doesn’t end with Wes Welker getting carted off the field after going over the middle against a team that actually hits.
- In other news. . . Gil Brandt checks out key matchups. Really? Harrison on Clark? Didn’t the Pats just get Thomas to cover Clark? At this point isn’t he a lot faster than our HGH hero Rodney Harrison (yeah, remember, the Pats have cheated in more than one way this year)?
- FO covers the various prop bets.
- John D sends us this great Frank DeFord article that says this game is worth the hype.
- Here’s a funny “separated at birth” piece found on the BlogRush network.
Here’s another off the network. . . one blogger’s hilarious/crude response to ESPN’s power rankings this week. Much of it was written in crayon. . . also from the network, a Seattle fan breaks down the game.
- CHFF takes a look at the Dungy vs. Belchick matchup which is closer than most people would guess. Belchick does get the nod based on his three rings, which unlike the QB debate, is a valid point in gauging head coaches. QBs are one player among many; Head Coaches are the guy most directly responsible for the team’s preparation and play. If Dungy wins a second Super Bowl, however, it’ll be hard not to place him ahead of Belichick. SI says they couldn’t be more different.
- Reader Josh Brown throws us this great site from which you can pick stylish apparel.
- SI does a pictorial retrospective on the Brady/Manning games.
- Hey! Great news! Whitlock likes the Pats! He also thinks Manning’s not a big game QB! We are golden.
- The Czar thinks the Colts only have one All-Pro player. . . and he eats brains.
- DJ Gallo weighs in on the matchup in his own special way.
- Several Hall of Famers weigh in on Brady Vs Manning. The result? They end up picking no one. I really think this debate is beginning to wear out. I really do think that it’s just more intense now more than ever because there are NO other names to throw out there. There are Manning, Brady and everyone else. Favre? Eh.
- Dr. Z breaks the teams down position by position. He gives the Pats a slim 5-4-2 lead on offense and a 6-4-1 lead on defense and picks the Pats.
- Scouts can’t answer the $64,000 question any better than anyone else can.
- Scouts Inc breaks down the game, but they think the Pats have the advantage at QB, so how credible could they possibly be? Jeremy Green had Keith Kidd on his show today, and as it turns out, Kidd used to work for the Pats…hmmm, real nice collection of unbiased experts there Scouts Inc.
- Here’s a great FO piece on the Patriots site “Outside Foxborough“. It’s all about the Colts cap construction and one of the best pieces of the day.
- John Clayton chimes in with a voice of reason. He’s right; the Colts schedule is brutal. 14-2 would be a miracle season. The Pats have no business going less than 14-2 with the schedule they have.